If you have any questions or would like to speak
with our specialists about our services call us
Toll Free: 1.877.821.6026
|Choose your location:|
Contact us now
for a free quotation
Call Now: 954-510-2255
In Florida the majority of homes have an air conditioning system that is used to keep the air temperature of a home at a certain temperature. What many of us don’t realize is that this air that is either heated or cooled by this unit must run though most of the parts of the air condition system as well as all the duct work. Many homes have never had their air ducts cleaned, some people may not even know about Ft. Lauderdale air duct cleaning or why your air ducts should be cleaned and how it is vital to improving your quality of health.
Some people have heard of the term sick building syndrome or wonder why the cough or sneeze when they enter certain building or areas. This could be primarily due to pet dander, skin, hair, mold, plant and grass pollen and dirt that have built up in the duct work and air conditioning unit of your home and building. If you don’t have your air ducts cleaned by a Ft. Lauderdale duct cleaning company, this can lead to a decrease in air quality within your home which can aggravate conditions such as asthma and other upper respiratory infections and can increase the possibility on contracting flu viruses such as N1H1. If you have young children or elderly family members this can affect them the most and is a situation that you should be aware of.
What is Ft. Lauderdale air duct cleaning? Air duct cleaning Ft. Lauderdale should only be carried out be a licensed professional. A technician will come to your home and assess the situation. Once the duct cleaning service is started, the technician will seal up all the vents in your home to make sure all the duct s are thoroughly cleaned. This will allow the technician to use negative pressure to vacuum out any pollutants that may be within your system. Turbo jet cleaning machines are used that contain high efficiency HEPA filters.
You should not only clean the air ducts within your home but make sure that all the components associated with your air conditioning system are cleaned such as the coils and condensate pan. For example, water tends to accumulate in your condensate pan. If it is already dirty, this dirt and water will combine together and this dirty water can find its way back into your system. Cleaning these parts will allow your air conditioning unit to run more effectively, decreasing potential problems n the future
Chose a Ft. Lauderdale air duct cleaning company that is licensed and insured and can provide references if you requested it. If you are unsure about having someone come into your home you can also call the Better Business Bureau to see if the company has had any complaints against them in the past or ask neighbors or friends to see who they would recommend. Remember which ever company that you choose to clean yourair duct cleaning in Ft. Lauderdale, all the work should come with warrantees and be performed by a licensed professional.
Your air ducts should be cleaned on average every three to four years. There are some factors that should be kept in mind that may alter this time frame. This may be things like:
1. How old the home is or if you have just purchased a home. In an older you may never know when the air ducts have been cleaned or if they were ever cleaned. It is wise to have them cleaned just before or just after you move so you have a point of reference moving forward regarding the maintenance of your air ducts.
2. If you are a smoker, have animals or purchased a home from a smoker. Animal dander and cigarette smoke are well known for aggravating upper respiratory infections. Animal dander is the accumulation of animal hair and fur along with their dead skin. If you have cats or long haired dogs, you should have your air ducts cleaned regularly.
3. If you noticed any rodent droppings or insect infestations, have a professional check you air ducts to evaluate if they should be cleaned. Certain insects like cockroaches can increase upper respiratory problems and this is also true of rat droppings.
4. If you have any sort flood, water infiltration or leaking pipes, this can lead to mold growth. Black and white mold release spore which can be harmful for your health. A qualified Ft. Lauderdale air duct cleaning specialist will be able to verify if you have mold and what would be the best course of action to clean it as well as fix the initial cause of the leak.
5. If you have any one in your house suffering from medical concerns especially asthma or upper respiratory infections than you should make it part of scheduled maintenance to have your air ducts cleaned routinely.
6. If you have any work that is done to your home such as remodeling or building, your ducts should be cleaned after this process. Such things as drywall, concrete and brick dust, once they become airborne will settle in such places as your duct work and air conditioning system becoming a health hazard that is continually breathed in.